THE RESULTS AFTER 16 MONTHS
Watch the NOXX HYD™ (previously known as NOXX LFP), 16 Month Antifouling Study on Recreational Vessel performed by EMCS Industries Ltd. Full protection was provided on the Hull with the outdrives not protected. The results are stunning as they show how the larvae have avoided the protected area and have settled in the unprotected area on the trim tabs.
Legislation is changing the face of the antifouling systems that will be acceptable in the future, NOXX HYD™ will not fall afoul of the legislation and is the future of marine fouling prevention.
THE NOXX HYD™ IS DIFFERENT TO OTHER ANTIFOULING SOLUTIONS.
The NOXX HYD™ antifouling system is often confused with Ultrasound or Ultrasonic systems, however there is only one patented NOXX HYD™ system which has been proven successfully on commercial shipping vessels for decades (see testimonials). The good news is we have now made this available to the public!
See table below to compare our science vs Ultrasound, or if you haven’t already watch the “RESULTS” video on the left.
EMCS Industries invented the NOXX™ LFP (formerly known as the Hydrosonic Hulltender) system in 1974 and the MGPS system in 1950.
Unlike Ultrasound the NOXX™ solution works on any material and is extremely effective on the propellers, rudders, shafts, bow thrusters, outdrives and trim tabs. Over 60 years’ experience in providing antifouling solutions means we stand by the success of our products for vessels of any size.
Explore the differences of the NOXX HYD™ system and its science compared to the ultrasound antifouling systems . . .
The system works to transform the hull into a soundboard to emit the NOXX HYD™ patented low frequency pulses 6ft into the water surrounding the hull. These low frequency pulses create the illusion of a predatory environment for mussels, barnacles and pinworms and the like. Unlike other electronic antifouling solutions, the NOXX HYD™ antifouling system kills neither the food source nor marine life larvae. The system operates on extremely low power. The average-size system operates between 0.8 and 1.5 amps.
- NOXX HYD™ has been a success on commercial vessels since 1974, long before ultrasound antifouling was introduced to the market. See testimonials
- NOXX HYD™ does not need water to work, this means the waterline is always protected and protects vessels in mud berths.
- There is no adverse effect on the ecosystems of the oceans and lakes. NOXX HYD™ only deters, it does not destroy or kill.
- NOXX HYD™does not require any toxic antifouling copper paint to act as a secondary back up.
- NOXX HYD™ low-frequency systems do not interfere with military vessels or any other frequency reliant equipment.
- NOXX HYD™frequencies and sound only carry 6 ft into the water (low frequencies do not travel long distances).
- NOXX HYD™ has been proven commercially for decades, we know commercially ultrasound has failed 50% of the time.
- RoHS compliant, ul 2043 certified, ip66 water and dust proof.
- Priced at the mid-range entry level, but fully upgrade-able up-to 48 emitters without requiring a new control panel, that is enough to protect a 200ft or 60m vessel without adding another control panel.
The NOXX HYD™ Low Frequency Antifouling System
Ultrasound Antifouling Systems
Emits LOW frequencies in the 17-20Hz (not kHz) range created by an oscillator. The Hull acts as a sound board carrying the sound waves.
Emits HIGH frequencies in the 19.5-70kHz range created by a digital control unit. The Hull acts as a sound board carrying the sound waves.
Creates an environment where the main causes of fouling such as barnacles, mussels etc see the sound as predatory environment and avoid the area altogether. Please note this does not harm the larvae, simply deters them to settle elsewhere.
Sound waves cause cavitation (tiny bubbles or water molecules) over the underwater profile of the hull killing the food source.
Will treat entire hull including the waterline.
Will not fully treat fouling on the waterline area.
The system is effective on the Hull, and even more effective on preventing barnacles, mussels and other sea life from attaching to propellers, shafts and rudders.
The system helps to some degree in keeping the stern gear (propellers, shafts and rudders) clear, although not quite so effectively as the hull.
Each emitter uses extremely low energy at 0.1 amps per emitter.
Each transducer uses 0.6 amps per transducer.
Works on any material.
Will not work on wooden or low density material. Is best used on single skin GPR, aluminum or concrete.